Monday, February 11, 2008

Research and more research

Last time I left off with you, I was working on a product to market. Well, I became de-railed because I have been continuing to do more and more research about IM and how best to approach it.

As usual for most people I became mired in the details instead of doing anything important. I have been a victim of too much information gathering in the past. Sometimes it takes a little while for me to recognize that I have been "procrastinating" by rationalizing that I need to get more information. Have you ever done that?

When I finally made decision to get the product together and I got it finished rather quickly. It took about 6 hours give or take and now I still have a couple of things I msut do to finish the project up - I guess maybe another 6 or so hours.

I don't work at IM full time as I mentioned in a previous post that I have other business interestes and a full time family :).

Not to make excuses, but this is why I have been absent form this blog for so long now.

Here is the newest up date.

The score:

cost = $0 :)
income = $0 :(
time invested = 6 hrs (approx)
income/hr = $0 :(

But, at least the product is ready for the sales letter to be written and the traffic methods to be employed. Writing the sales letter is a whole different budle of issues to address now. The sales letter has to be inviting enough to convert to sales. I might try a couple or thress of them to see which ones "pull" the best.


I will post the sales page url when it is finished.

Traffic development will test certain tactics I have read about - article writing, ppc campaigns and the like. I will track the different methods and report back.

I hope this isn't all too basic for everyone who reads this. But I was looking for a basic resource like this one when I started wanting information about IM and I couldn't find it out there. Everyone was selling nobody was giving.

I hope this helps.


If you want to be kept up to date on my progress blog posts, I will send you an email to let you know when I make my post public, register at the link below --
Keep me up to date on your progress

Thank you for your support.

"knowledge is power"

Chuck



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out My Copywriter (www.outsource2documaker.com/mycopywriter.htm). It writes click-bank style sales letters automatically.